Sunday, March 12, 2017

You Cannot Defeat That Which You Do Not Understand: Plotting a Path to Lose to Donald Trump

You cannot defeat that which you do not understand.

You need to research and study a person or a thing to come to such an understanding.

Posting memes like a wild man or women and regurgitating pointless, inaccurate, vitriolic talking points is not research nor study. It's like going to a fire dance and dancing in the flames, rather than around them. The poster is the one who's gonna get burned.

The vast majority of President Trump's opponents do not understand him.

I do not pretend that I come close to fully understanding President Trump, but I am trying to do so and I readily admit when I do not understand something or someone. I have been trying to "get my hands around" Donald Trump (figuratively, not literally) since February of last year when I became quite convinced that he would be the President of the United States.

I have come to one conclusion about the current President of the United States ... and I think I am correct.

Yes, Donald Trump is an arrogant fellow. But ... I think those folks that long for the demise of this Administration have not figured out where the Commander in Chief's pride lies.

I suggest that the President's ego was wrapped up in winning the race. His objective was being elected President of the United States, and he accomplished that objective.

In my heart of hearts, I sincerely believe that Donald Trump does not particularly want to hold the office of President of the United States. Let's face it ... having to live in the White House is a step down for him, and a big one.

There is an extension of what I think is the reality that Donald Trump achieved his goal when he won in November -- and yes, he won. And no, Hillary Clinton did not even win the popular vote ... she lost the popular vote 30 times on November 8, 2016. Civics 101, folks ... but I digress.

Back to what I think is the extension of President Trump achieving his personal goal by winning the election and that serving as President is not his prime objective. I sincerely believe that the President, on his volition, may make the decision to serve one-term.

This particularly will be the case if he achieves at least some progress in correcting the proverbial train wreck that is the ACA and the literal train wreck that is the infrastructure system in the United States. If President Trump oversees the accomplishment of these two goals, he has two major achievements that would outshine what has been done my many U.S. Presidents in recent years, including the last two. And he will have done so by cobbling together two very different coalitions on Capitol Hill -- one of nearly all Republicans and one of nearly all Democrats.

On the other hand, the President, being the same man who wakes up in the morning and seems to enjoy tweeting about whatever the hell happens to pop into his brain, may decide to respond full-force to the incessant (and oftentimes bizarre and unfounded) attacks on him.

Poke a crocodile in the eyeball with a stick and the fellow's gonna snap off your arm. (There are a bunch of one-armed Democrats busy making memes these days, men and women who instead should be trying to figure out how they are part of party that a recent poll, reported in the New York Times, is less popular than ... Donald Trump.)

In the end, even though it very well may not have been a part of the plan, Donald Trump may decide to run for reelection to show his opponents that he can win the White House a second time.

And President Trump will win reelection.

Why?

Because if the drumbeat of unfounded attacks on the President continue -- and I am not talking about the legitimate ones on policy and some other bona fide issues -- the President's opponents will once again demonstrate they just don't understand the man. I've said it before ... you can't beat Trump by becoming Trump.

And, you cannot defeat that which you do not understand.
Mike Broemmel


No comments:

Post a Comment